This article will walk you through the process of downloading, installing and configuring all the software required to start broadcasting to a Flash Push Live Stream with Mydeo.
If you don’t have a trial account already, open a 15-day free trial account now by heading to http://www.mydeo.com. Once you’ve opened your account, you can trial our “on-demand” CDN services immediately, but for a live trial you’ll need to request one by giving us a call or dropping us an email from your registered account email address.
If you have your welcome letter, containing all your credentials, then you’re all set to proceed to Step #1:
1. Download and install the software
Once you’ve got your Flash Live service login details from Mydeo, you’ll want to make sure you’ve downloaded the following:
- Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (PC or Mac versions available) – it’s free!
- Limelight Networks Access Adapter – if you are using a PC, there are currently three versions of Flash Media Live Encoder and you need to install the correct Access Adapter in order for your Live Stream to work. Click on the version you’re running to download the correct Access Adapter: (3.0) (3.1) (3.2).
- If you are using a Mac, you can download the Access Adapter here - All Access Adapters are free.
Install Flash Media Live Encoder on your computer first, followed by the Limelight Networks Access Adapter (do not launch Flash Media Encoder before you’ve installed the adapter).
2. Configure Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE)
Go ahead and fire up your copy of FMLE.
Referring to the screen shot below, you can configure your copy of FMLE with the correct settings for your account (the coloured boxes on our diagrams represent sections you need to change in order to set up your encoder properly. Refer to the guidance notes underneath the screen shot to determine what you need to do).
Your ‘welcome email’ will contain two very important URLs that you now need: the private FMS publishing URL, and the public RTMP streaming URL.
- From the RED box, choose the camera you want to use to broadcast. If you’re only broadcasting audio, you can de-select the “Video” check box.
- In the GREEN box, you need to type the FMS URL. This is the private publishing URL that you connect your encoder to.
These URLs are CAsE SenSItIvE… You must type them exactly as we’ve given them to you, else they won’t work.
- Finally, in the PURPLE box, you can give this stream a name. It must be all one word, and it is case-sensitive. We advise customers to give their stream names a meaningful name, for example, “camera1″ or “shop_cam”.
3. Start publishing
You’re now ready to start publishing. To begin, click the green START button at the bottom of the FMLE window:
You’ll then see the Limelight Networks Access Adapter pop up and ask you to enter a username and password:
Type in the username and password we sent you in your welcome email, then click OK.
That’s it, you’re all set to start streaming using the Mydeo and Limelight Networks!